Gourmet bush-food and snowshoeing in mountain paradise.
There’s something about food prepared outdoors—and something really special about eating outdoors, in winter, enveloped by Kootenay vistas. Join us for a leisurely and informative but invigorating snowshoe on trails nearby Kaslo, BC and pick your taste to enjoy along the way; like traditional tire d’erable sur la neige (maple toffee on snow)? Our local Québecois, François can show you first-hand how it’s done. Rather crepes over an open fire with local huckleberry syrup? That’s right. Or perhaps good ole’ hotdogs roasted on the bonfire instead. The culinary options are endless and so will be your smiles. Join us for a day of good old-fashioned fun and bush food, Kootenay style.
Details/Good to Know:
- Winter Weekend afternoons: Saturday or Sunday available
- Length of time: 2.5 hours
- 2-3 kms of trail
- Physical Challenge Rating: low to medium
- Families welcome with kids ages 10 and over
- Dress warm in layers appropriate for winter weather
- bush food and hot drinks
- Snowshoes available to rent for an additional $20/person from Kaslo Kayaking and Adventure Centre.
- Tire d’erable sur la neige
- Crepes and huckleberry syrup
- gourmet hotdogs and trimmings
- 8 persons max*
- Please contact us for private or special group bookings
- Pricing: Adult: $45 plus GST | Youth 10-16: $30 plus GST
*A minimum number of guests from one or multiple groups are required for this experience to be offered. Please see Small Print.