A scientific and spiritual walk amongst the trees- it’s OK to hug a tree!
Come join us for a walk in the forest you will never forget, amongst giants of another time. Learn a tree’s story, up close and personal. Combining elements of therapeutic “Forest bathing” with modern science, you will experience firsthand why these giants live successfully on our earth, and why we feel so good when we are amongst them. Philosopher and mountaineer John Muir wrote, “Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.” Now more than ever, modern science is telling us this is actually true…
Experience a forest with all your senses in a slow and deliberate manner, letting the forest wash over you as the Japanese have practiced for millennia through elements of Shinrin-yoku, or “Forest Bathing”. We pair this therapeutic experience with ground-breaking scientific knowledge that trees communicate, share resources, experience pain, and have memories. As highlighted in the book, The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben, 30 years of research by Dr. Suzanne Simard of the University of British Columbia provides evidence that trees communicate and share resources, cooperating in ways never thought possible. Reconnect with the Western Red Cedar and Douglas Fir gentle giants who were just seedlings in this vast Canadian wilderness in the 1,300’s at the end of the medieval time period while the bubonic plague raged in Europe and the Aztecs first arrived in Tenochtitlan (Mexico City). Makes you feel a little insignificant, doesn’t it? Maybe you’ll realize that you subconsciously rely on them even more than you know, and there’s much more going on than meets the eye. The trees have secrets to tell…. If you listen.
- Please contact us for private or special group bookings
- 12 persons max (from one or multiple groups)*
- Price: Adult: $50 plus GST/ Youth 12-16: $35 plus GST
Details/Good to Know:
- Length of time: 3.5 hours
- Either morning or afternoon sessions offered
- Guests must provide own transport- a portion of the Experience takes place a 25 minute drive from Kaslo (let us know if this is a problem and we will see what we can do!)
- Physical Challenge Rating: medium
- Held outdoors
- Snacks and drinks (locally prepared)
- Full experience led by experience leaders
*A minimum number of guests from one or multiple groups are required for this experience to be offered. Please see experience small print.