Gather and transform nature’s gifts into joy and health.
Learn how to forage sustainably from our wild forests to extract herbal medicines our wild spaces have to offer. Connect with your ancestral roots and get back to nature. Literally. The adventure begins with a foraging wildcraft walk along the north shore of Kootenay lake where you will learn what plants grow where, why, and what benefits they can provide for our health. After a quick journey to the lake-side homestead near Johnston’s Landing, BC you can relax, tour the garden, and enjoy a snack before learning how to process our harvest into magic.
- suitable for families with kids ages 5 and up
- maximum of 8 people per event*
- Please contact us for private or special group bookings
- Pricing: $65/adult, $40/youth, $25/child plus GST
Details/Good to Know:
- Length of time: 2.5 hours
- 9:30 am-12:00 pm
- Transportation not included- located a 55 minute drive north from Kaslo, BC
- Level of fitness required: low-medium
- Limited cell range between Kaslo and Johnson’s Landing
- All ingredients and containers for salve
- Fully guided experience by a Certified Herbal Practitioner
- Snacks and drinks (sourced locally)
*A minimum number of guests from one or multiple groups are required for this experience to be offered. Please see Small Print.
About Breanne Hope, Experience Provider
Breanne Hope is a graduate of the College of the Rockies certified herbal practitioner program and a student of aromatherapy with the Essence of Thyme College of Holistic Studies. She lives on a homestead on the Northeast shore of Kootenay Lake with her husband, daughter and animal children.
Raised on Vancouver Island by an active outdoorsy family, her passion for nature and its gifts run deep. This passion is an asset to her rural life and she enjoys sharing her knowledge with others and empowering others to live a healthy, sustainable lifestyle. You will enjoy her open, honest personality and hands on approach to teaching.