En Plein Air = out-of-doors, n. That part of one’s environment upon which no government has been able to collect taxes. Chiefly useful to inspire artists.” Ambrose Bierce
Welcome to artists’ paradise. In this experience, you will be invited to learn about art history and participate in creating your own drawing and or painting based on the local landscape. A professional arts educator will guide you step by step in interpreting this landscape and transposing it to your canvas. Nurture your inner artist!
- 10 persons max*
- Please contact us for private or special group bookings
- Pricing: $75 plus GST
Details/Good to Know:
- Length of time: 2 hours
- Both a morning and evening session offered on scheduled days
- Physical Challenge Rating: low
- Open to individuals aged 15 and over, any ability welcome
- You get to keep your masterpiece!
- Art supplies for drawing and watercolour painting
- Folding chairs, tent for shelter
- Full experience led by professional arts educator
- Snacks and drinks – locally sourced
*A minimum number of guests from one or multiple groups are required for this experience to be offered. Please see Small Print.
About Rielle Oswald, Experience Provider
Rielle Oswald is an Arts Educator currently teaching and living in Kaslo BC. She has taught music, theater, visual arts and dance to ages 4-84 since 1991 and presently teaches at the local public J.V. Humphries School. In 2010 she received her Masters in Arts Education from the University of Victoria. Rielle especially enjoys seeing others become inspired to express their humanity. Welcome to the Kootenays!