Be inspired by Kootenay Lake’s world-class landscape and take your masterpiece home!
~Our 2019 dates are all wrapped up-hope to see you next year!~
En Plein Air = out-of-doors, n. That part of one’s environment upon which no government has been able to collect taxes. Chiefly useful to inspire artists.” Ambrose Bierce
Welcome to artists’ paradise. For thousands of years, artists have looked to the natural world for inspiration and aesthetic guidance. In our beautiful corner of the world, North Kootenay Lake, the wilderness that surrounds us is still intact and relatively unchanged. In this experience, you will be invited to learn about art history and participate in creating your own drawing and or painting based on the local landscape. A professional arts educator will guide you step by step in interpreting this landscape and transposing it to your canvas. This is open to ages 15 and up at any level of artistic experience or ability. Nurture your inner artist!
Details/Good to Know:
- Length of time: 2 hours
- Both a morning and evening session offered on scheduled days
- Physical Challenge Rating: low
- Open to individuals aged 15 and over
- Held outdoors. Anticipate heat, bugs and weather.
- Experience will only be cancelled in case of severe weather.
- You get to keep your masterpiece!
- Art supplies for drawing and watercolour painting
- Folding chairs, tent for shelter
- Full experience led by professional arts educator
- Snacks and drinks – locally sourced
- 10 persons max*
- Please contact us for private or special group bookings
- Pricing: $75 plus GST
*A minimum number of guests from one or multiple groups are required for this experience to be offered. Please see Small Print.
About Rielle Oswald, Experience Provider
Rielle Oswald is an Arts Educator currently teaching and living in Kaslo BC. She has taught music, theater, visual arts and dance to ages 4-84 since 1991 and presently teaches at the local public J.V. Humphries School. In 2010 she received her Masters in Arts Education from the University of Victoria. Rielle especially enjoys seeing others become inspired to express their humanity. Welcome to the Kootenays!